Most vertebrae of the spinal column are inch-thick discs that have bony protrusions from the sides and back. These protrusions connect the vertebrae to each other at relatively fixed points of cartilage known as “facet joints,” which will flex slightly as the back is extended. In the event that a person’s spine should be struck by great force, such as in a car accident, these facet joints can become inflamed or be pushed out of alignment, resulting in disabling back or neck pain. At the Law Firm of Ted Bills, our highly-trained Colorado Springs car accident attorney has an extensive record of success representing the rights of injured clients and can help you pursue maximum financial recovery for your facet joint injury claim.
Past clients have trusted us with their cases for the following reasons:
- Unanimously positive client testimonials
- More than 15 years worth of legal experience
- More than $50 million recovered
- Personalized, compassionate representation
Fill out an online form today to take advantage of your free case evaluation.
Facet joint injuries are often the result of whiplash caused by traffic collisions, though they can also be caused by similar impacts suffered in contact sports. Since the facet joints provide roughly 20 percent of twisting stability of the low back and neck, any sort of damage to these joints can have a devastating effect on the nearby muscles, harming posture and resulting in a crooked or tilted appearance.
You may have suffered a facet joint injury if you have been involved in an accident and now experience the following symptoms:
- Sudden lumbar or cervical pain
- Muscle spasms and fatigue
- Pain turning head or twisting back
- Tenderness at the site of inflamed joints
- Reduced mobility due to lack of spinal flexibility
- Worsened pain when leaning backward
Physical therapy or chiropractic care are often required to help realign the spine, though serious facet joint injuries may require expensive surgeries to be treated. Since facet joint injury pain is often unpredictable in both timing and degree, many injured victims are wrongly accused of feigning their symptoms by insurance adjusters. Our firm’s skilled advocate can protect your rights and fight to ensure you have access to the financial resources you need for your recovery.
Our Colorado Springs facet joint injury attorney can guide you step-by-step through the process of filing an injury claim after your car accident and provide the unshakable support you need during this difficult time. Having previously worked at a hospital assisting doctors, nurses, orthopedic surgeons, and physical therapists, our founding attorney, Ted Bills, has an excellent understanding of catastrophic injuries and can use his invaluable insight to more effectively handle your personal injury case. Best of all, we only accept cases on a contingency basis. If we do not win, you will not owe us a dime!
Contact our office online today to get started towards pursuing compensation.
- Personable, Trustworthy, and Highly Experienced in Both Negotiation and Litigation
- The Experience and Determination to Fight for the Compensation You Deserve
- 100% Committed to Client Satisfaction and Well-Being
- Prior Medical Experience From Working at Memorial Hospital
- Has Been Practicing Personal Injury Law For Over 15 Years
- Has Recovered More Than $50M in Settlements